Aggressive Georgia DUI Defense Attorney Working On Your Side
If you have been charged with drunk driving, you have a lot to lose, including your driver's license and your freedom. A DUI/DWI charge triggers both an administrative and criminal case, and in both, your license is in jeopardy. In Georgia, you stand to lose your license very quickly after a DUI/DWI arrest, and if you want to protect your driving privileges, time is of the essence. It is critical to contact an attorney as quickly as possible.
At The Law Office of Matthew M. McCord, I represent DUI/DWI clients throughout McDonough, Georgia, and the south side of Atlanta. I am a former misdemeanor and felony prosecutor who will put my knowledge and experience to work for you. With me, you will get an aggressive and responsive attorney who understands how the other side thinks. By anticipating the arguments and evidence the State will use to build its case, I am able to craft a smart, solid defense on your behalf.
A former prosecutor with the Clayton County Solicitor General's Office, I have prosecuted thousands of DUI cases, I know how the State puts together its case against you. Contact me online or call 678-369-9025 (toll free 877-645-3845)
Work With an Attorney to Avoid Losing Your License
After a DWI/DUI arrest. you stand to lose your license in two ways:
- Administrative license suspension: Within 10 days of your arrest, you must challenge the suspension by the Department of Public Safety. I have extensive experience appealing suspension actions before the State Administrative Suspension Hearing Board. If the challenge is not successful, however, you may still be able to obtain a work permit. This allows you to drive to and from work or school.
- Criminal charges: If convicted, you can lose your license as part of the sentence. If it is your first offense, you can apply for a work permit after 120 days of the suspension period have passed. In addition to the impact on your driving privileges, DUI convictions can carry jail or prison time, as well as heavy fines. The severity of the penalties you face depends on your prior convictions and the severity of your current offense.
Work With an Attorney That Knows How to Challenge the State Effectively
As a former prosecutor, I have first-hand working knowledge of how the State puts together a DUI case. I am skilled at identifying and challenging weaknesses in the prosecution's case, including:
- Whether there was the probable case for the stop
- Whether Miranda rights were properly administered
- Whether the officer properly conducted the field sobriety tests
- Whether implied consent was properly read to you
- Whether the officer properly advised you of your right to independent testing
After a DUI Arrest, Act Quickly
If you have been arrested for drunk driving, you cannot afford to wait to contact an experienced attorney. Your rights, freedoms and driving privileges hang in the balance. Contact me online or call 678-369-9025 (toll free 877-645-3845) and let us get started on building your defense right away. For your convenience, I accept all major credit cards for DUI and criminal cases.